It is not easy to start following a new diet especially when you intend to lose weight with it. It is relatively smooth to decide that you would start a diet, but where to begin is a question that requires brainstorming and multiple visits to grocery stores.
Anyone who wants to start a keto diet for weight loss, it is better to make a list of all ingredients beforehand and do the grocery shopping before the first day of keto weight loss. The reason is that keto diet is entirely different from all other weight-loss diets.
It uses fats instead of carbohydrates to fuel the body and in routine, no diet ever emphasizes on taking 95% fat-based foods. So, the keto diet definitely needs a shopping visit.
Here is a keto shopping list for beginners to help them in their weight loss journey this year. But before it; everyone should know that there are varieties in the keto diet and it is a personal preference to pick anyone. However, a standard version of keto diet contains lesser carbohydrates, a moderate amount of protein and high fat dietary ingredients.
Also read- Chinese Coronavirus Deaths Cross 1000 Cases
First; make sure to clean your pantry and fridge from the unhealthy, sugary and processed foods. It includes all types of bread, starchy food staples, artificial sweeteners, grains, jellies, honey, frozen fruits, etc. here is a list of some ingredients that a keto diet beginner must purchase.
- Fresh veggies- garlic, cabbage, lettuce, green onions, white onions, romaine, spinach, lime, cherry tomatoes, avocados
- Protein sources- chicken breasts, grounded beef, organic chicken, bacon
- Dairy- organic eggs, cream cheese, unsalted butter, cheddar cheese, blue cheese, soy milk, whole milk yogurt
- Staples- broth, soy sauce, coconut cream, cocoa powder, vanilla extract
- Spreads- Almond spread, peanut butter
- Flour- almond flour, coconut flakes
- spices- pink salt, pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon
- Oils- coconut oil, sesame oil. Avocado oil
Although the keto diet is considered a genuine weight loss formula it may also bring some side effects. One of the most common is keto flu; however, it is different from the common cold or influenza and vanishes on its own within a couple of days. The first-timers on a keto diet are much likely to experience the following.
- Lethargic feeling
- Low on energy
- Increased appetite
- Digestive problems
- Reduces libido
It is common to experience these side effects since the body completely changes its mode of energy and dietary habits. It is possible to overcome these side effects if you gradually start the keto diet. And for even better results, try using a keto supplement with the standard keto diet. It would improve the efficacy of the keto diet and shed maximum weight in less time.
Also read- Racial Discrimination May Cause Depression in Black Teenagers
Make sure to consult a dietician or nutritionist before switching to a keto diet. Do not follow it on your own if you are;
- A pregnant mother
- A breastfeeding mother
- People on daily medication (especially for hypoglycemia)
- Underage children
- A person with gall bladder disease